Saturday 24 January 2009

School Book Makeover!

My project for today, has been to convert a plain, school exercise book into a note book for Emma for her skating. She has up until now been using a large A4 folder which is not practical and not necessary - its just to make notes on moves, remember what needs to be practised any coment from or to the coaches and somewhere to keep her cd with the music to her routine - so from this..............................

To this.............................................

And this.........................

Some detail........................................

To this inside................................

And finally, the back.....................

I have a large quantity of these exercise books which I bought a while ago at Dunelm for £1 for a packet of 20 (I bought 5 packets!?). I was quite pleased with the outcome of this and even more so that I have now actually come up with a use for the exercise books!
It was also really easy to 'makeover' - the trickiest was actually cutting the book down to size, I started using my craft knife which was perfect if I had made sure that my blade was 'sharp' - I had to change it as I was cutting the bottom which meant it didn't turn out as smoothly as it could have, but all in all its not really noticeable.
Ingredients: stamp from Toodles and Binks and DP are from Sweet Shoppe Design


5 comments:

Lynne Gilbert said...

Wow Maria. Your Daughter should get a few orders for her friends. Bit different to the excercise books I see at the school where I work!!! Lovely idea.
Love Lynne

Katarina said...

What a great job, it looks awesome!

kamadesign.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is super cute!
-Cher

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Love what you´ve done with it Maria! Great makeover.
x Natasha x

Unknown said...

This is a good idea, this thing is very useful.I love the design and for having an artistic skill! essaywriter.co.uk

Blog Widget by LinkWithin